Tuesday, January 13, 2015

FIRST POST- My goals in creating this space

If you are reading this, let me first start by saying Thank You, and Welcome! I hope that this blog can serve as a wonderful outlet for us both. I am relying on your support and feedback to make this place the community I have envisioned. 

I have grown up with technology, and by that I mean, I feel like technology as we know it, is my age, we grew up together. When I was a baby, so was technology, and that was when my dad got his first computer, a green screen, the kind you played Oregon Trail on in elementary school. I played on AOL as a 8 year old (the great dial up speed would be so frustrating now), got my first phone when I was 16,  (it was a very basic phone, 100 minutes per month plan, no texting, and snake was the only game) and joined Myspace in high school (don't make me mad or you may not make my top 8, ha ha). Facebook was just a brand new thing when I first joined in college, it was an interface for college students only, and it was a fraction of what it is now. I have started various personal blogs throughout my life, including private journals that I no longer have passwords to and have been lost in cyber space indefinitely (oops...).  The first I ever started was when I was 16, I had just moved from Washington to Utah and had found out the "love of my life" had gone to EFY and met a girl, (sob sob, such a heartbreak. ALSO, if you don't know what EFY is, it is a Summer Youth Program for 14-18 year olds who are members of the LDS (Mormon) Church). 

Needless to say, today technology is really what connects us all, and I have seen it evolve over my lifetime into what it is now, just as I have seen myself evolve into who I am now. I will continue to evolve, and so will the communities on the internet. I feel that many have been able to use the internet as a source for great good. However, I have found, especially over the last year, that I have a hard time fitting in to any one community, including online communities. My goal of this blog is to fill that void, and create a niche for everyone, but for women in particular.

This blog is about reality, honesty and life. It is about making the most of every day, seeking self discovery and betterment, finding a place where you can be accepted and loved and learning to be that for others as well. It is about learning, loss, joy, health, family, but most importantly about being realistic, and learning how to be happy in a true and pure way. 

This won't be your prettiest blog, that is not my intention, so I apologize for the poor design elements, if you are artsy in a technological way, I truly envy you. My focus and efforts will be placed in thoughts, ideas and the written word. I will have photos occasionally to accompany these words, but the idea here is to create friendships across many different lives that already exist, not the life you wish you had.

In a world consumed by Hollywood ideals of beauty, Pinterest ideas of motherhood, and Facebook perceptions of reality, it is time to come clean and just be ourselves. Be honest with each other, love each other for who we are, and embrace each day as a special gift, embracing the life you have been given and learning to love it. I hope you will join me on this journey, I look forward to meeting you, growing with you, and becoming your sister in life.

4 comments:

  1. I am really excited for this blog, this is an awesome idea! I find a lot of inspirational quotes or stories specifically online so this is perfect! I was just tonight talking with a friend about how difficult it is anymore to be who we want to be, truly, without receiving judgement,

    ReplyDelete
  2. It almost seems impossible to be accepted. I honestly used to live my life not caring what though! I never did until I has Tayson and people started making comments to me and doubting my judgements and decision making with my child! So now my confidence in just being me has struggled! To the point where I literally fear posting stuff on my own wall on fb thinking oh my I wondering what someone is gonna think about this! And that's the problem, too many opinions, too many different personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But at the end of the day we just have to not care, but I still search for those people who will accept me for ME. I hope we all can be non-judgmental and loving towards one another. I hope the best with this blog! I will surely follow! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Hill! So glad you are here :) Stay tuned, next week one of my blogs will be about being a parent, and the inadequacies we can feel, I think you will really like it and I would love your feedback and insight on it. Until then, stay strong and confident. Since you are LDS I will say this, many of the faith believe that your child was meant for you, that you were given him for a reason over anyone else because you exclusively have the ability to raise him in the best way. I would take faith in that if I were you, and let it give you confidence that no matter what others say, YOU ARE HIS MOM, not them, and they need to butt out. I will also have a blog post coming up about 10 things people wished they had known in their 30's, but I think one of them really applies to you here and now. One of the things was to not fill your life with toxic people or people who make you unhappy. It said that if there is someone like that in your life, you should move on. I agree with that. We don't need to be rude or mean about it, but we don't need to include them in our life. If we see them, we are nice, but we do not go any further to let them have any influence over us as to make us unhappy. Love you!

      Delete